Winter Storm: How to stay safe at home or on the road.
We have a big storm winter storm warning in Central Ohio in effect until 7am, Friday. 3-8 inches of snow, ice accumulation and lows in the single digits.
What can we do? Stay home, if possible!! Netflix and chill. Ride out the storm as it will pass and warmer temperatures are coming. School and flight cancellations are already in effect. And we have a couple useful articles to help ride out the storm if you're at home or on the road. But please don't travel during this storm!
Severe Winter Weather: What You Need to Know
- Check for medical conditions or elderly in case there are extended power outages.
- Charge phones, laptops, other electronic devices.
- Prepare an emergency kit with essential items.
- All downed power lines are dangerous, stay away!
What to do if you're stranded on a winter road trip.
- Don't leave your car to seek help!
- Keep a full gas tank.
- Run your car for 10 minutes an hour to stay warm.
- Keep your exhaust pipe clear of snow.
- Bring at least a liter of water, snacks, hand warmers, flashlight batteries and a blanket. You should be able to survive for 24 - 48 hours on your own.
Stay safe, everyone!
- Kalmbaugh Insurance Agency